POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request: don't recalculate pixels (and possible AA change) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: don't recalculate pixels (and possible AA change) (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Josh Seagoe
Subject: Re: Feature request: don't recalculate pixels (and possible AA change)
Date: 29 Aug 2002 17:02:06
Message: <3d6e8bce@news.povray.org>
Xplo Eristotle wrote:
> A post on p.b.i reminded me of something that's been bugging me for a
> while: when using mosaic rendering, each successive pass recalculates
> every pixel. Wouldn't it be a great deal faster to save the data and
> only calculate color information for new pixels?

If you're doing it for preview renders, it might be nice as well have an
option to use "solid guessing" like fractint did.  I suppose this would
be like making the decision to render pixels on later passes or not the
same as for AA, only render if the next one over is "sufficiently"
different.

-josh

Post a reply to this message