POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Updated Grass Tex and Lip Synch System include files Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Updated Grass Tex and Lip Synch System include files (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Rune
Subject: Updated Grass Tex and Lip Synch System include files
Date: 20 Aug 2002 08:34:35
Message: <3d62375b@news.povray.org>
My Grass Tex include file and my Lip Synch System were made while
POV-Ray 3.5 was in the beta stage, and they didn't work correctly in the
final version of POV-Ray 3.5.

Now I've updated those include files so that they work correctly. You
can find them at:
http://runevision.com/3d/include/

I will try to get time to update more of the include files later.

To refresh your memory, here are the descriptions of the two include
files:

Rune's Grass Tex lets you create textures that look like grass. Using
some special tricks, the grass appears to have depth even though the
textures are flat. The advantages are that there's no parsing time and
no memory requirement, so when creating a large field of grass, it can
be much faster than creating grass using actual objects. The
disadvantage is that it doesn't look right in a close-up view since the
grass is only faked.

Using four bicubic patches and some custom defined objects, Rune's Lip
Synch System can set up, pose and animate a mouth in a toony, yet
convincing style. Many predefined phoneme and expression lip poses make
it easy giving life to the mouth, and powerful weighted morphing
techniques offer great control and precision.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated July 12)