POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug - sgn() function Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Bug - sgn() function (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: ingo
Subject: Re: Bug - sgn() function
Date: 9 Aug 2002 07:22:05
Message: <Xns926588A97BFA7seed7@povray.org>
in news:3D53A2EA.3F0A36AB@gmx.de Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Well, it will look a bit strange in the HTML Help tree view

That's the main reason why I hesitated to put it in when it was first
suggested (think it was by Tom). But since then it came up a few times, so

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

From: Demevec
Date: 9 Aug 2002 11:23:51
Message: <3d53de87$1@news.povray.org>

> > which is part of the math.inc description.  What's unclear about that?
>
> I had to go to the previous page to see it is in the math.inc description.
>
> When you are a (confused) newbie, this is not obvious, it could have been
> a page from the SDL (except for the macro stuff).

I thank you for the information provided, including the alternative macro.

I agree that the documentation in the windows version does not clearly
indicate that the sgn() function is part of math.inc  .  The function and
the include file's name are listed on separate pages of the html
documentation.  You would have to have the "7.10.1" memorized as being in
the section on the include files to have picked it up.

I am technically not a newbie, nor ignorant of the documentation.  I do
think that the suggestion of the index headings/titles be printed on the
pages that are a part of them makes good sense and should be considered as a
desirable improvement.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Demevec

Post a reply to this message