POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : using image as a function hf_macro Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  using image as a function hf_macro (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Shay
Subject: using image as a function hf_macro
Date: 1 Aug 2002 13:27:11
Message: <3d496f6f$1@news.povray.org>
I would like to try the new heightfield macros using an image as the
function, but have not been able to get the syntax right. Would someone mind
posting an example?

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: using image as a function hf_macro
Date: 1 Aug 2002 14:28:55
Message: <chrishuff-FADE10.13200201082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d496f6f$1@news.povray.org>, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom>
wrote:

> I would like to try the new heightfield macros using an image as the
> function, but have not been able to get the syntax right. Would someone mind
> posting an example?

function {pigment {image_map {...}}}

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: Shay
Date: 1 Aug 2002 15:08:50
Message: <3d498742@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...

> function {pigment {image_map {...}}}

This is what I have been trying. I am getting an error, however.
--Parse Error: Expected 'string', colour identifier found instead--

I guess I am doing something else wrong. Here is the relevant part of the
scene:
#declare ImageFunction = function {pigment {image_map {png "name2.png" }}};
#include "Shapes.inc"

HF_Square (ImageFunction,no,no,<10,10>,no,"Test_Out.inc",<-1,-1,-1>,<1,1,1>)

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message