POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Web News Interface Posting Beta Test Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Web News Interface Posting Beta Test (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Web News Interface Posting Beta Test
Date: 28 Jul 2002 10:06:58
Message: <3d43fa82@news.povray.org>
Hello,

The web news interface posting is now available for registered users of
povray.org (see <http://www.povray.org/community/login/>) that have at least
specified either a pseudonym or a public email address (which will appear in
the "From:" line of the post).  Note that there will always be a slight
delay between posting via the web interface and the post appearing on the
news server.

Right now posting of attachments is not supported by design.  It may be made
available later if the plain message posting does not cause any problems.
Further, canceling messages is not yet supported via the web interface.  We
plan to make that facility available in the future as our time permits.
Another limitation is that the web view does not support cross-posting at
this time.

As far as the supported character set is concerned, the form should only
allow ISO-8859-1 characters in the text input fields but I do not know if
all browsers really enforce this.  In any case, while ISO-8859-1 characters
are supported, it is still strongly recommended to only use the common
subset all people will be able to view - that implies ASCII characters -
just like when using a regular news reader!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

>The web news interface posting is now available for registered users of
>povray.org (see <http://www.povray.org/community/login/>) that have at least
>specified either a pseudonym or a public email address (which will appear in
>the "From:" line of the post).  Note that there will always be a slight
>delay between posting via the web interface and the post appearing on the
>news server.
>
>Right now posting of attachments is not supported by design.  It may be made
>available later if the plain message posting does not cause any problems.
>Further, canceling messages is not yet supported via the web interface.  We
>plan to make that facility available in the future as our time permits.
>Another limitation is that the web view does not support cross-posting at
>this time.
>
>As far as the supported character set is concerned, the form should only
>allow ISO-8859-1 characters in the text input fields but I do not know if
>all browsers really enforce this.  In any case, while ISO-8859-1 characters
>are supported, it is still strongly recommended to only use the common
>subset all people will be able to view - that implies ASCII characters -
>just like when using a regular news reader!
>
>    Thorsten

>Thorsten Froehlich
>e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg
>
>I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.
>Visit POV-Ray on the web: http://mac.povray.org

It works.

--
Jonathan

Post a reply to this message

>>The web news interface posting is now available for registered users of
>>povray.org (see <http://www.povray.org/community/login/>) that have at least
>>specified either a pseudonym or a public email address (which will appear in
>>the "From:" line of the post).  Note that there will always be a slight
>>delay between posting via the web interface and the post appearing on the
>>news server.
>>
>>Right now posting of attachments is not supported by design.  It may be made
>>available later if the plain message posting does not cause any problems.
>>Further, canceling messages is not yet supported via the web interface.  We
>>plan to make that facility available in the future as our time permits.
>>Another limitation is that the web view does not support cross-posting at
>>this time.
>>
>>As far as the supported character set is concerned, the form should only
>>allow ISO-8859-1 characters in the text input fields but I do not know if
>>all browsers really enforce this.  In any case, while ISO-8859-1 characters
>>are supported, it is still strongly recommended to only use the common
>>subset all people will be able to view - that implies ASCII characters -
>>just like when using a regular news reader!
>>
>>    Thorsten
>>
>>____________________________________________________
>>Thorsten Froehlich
>>e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg
>>
>>I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.
>>Visit POV-Ray on the web: http://mac.povray.org
>>

>It works.
>
>--
>Jonathan

A test, just in case I use it to post to p.international:

--
Jonathan.

Post a reply to this message