POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray in the news section Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray in the news section (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: POV-Ray in the news section
Date: 15 Jul 2002 10:46:00
Message: <3d32e028@news.povray.org>
I'd like to establish a 'POV-Ray in the News' section on the new website.
This section would provide a precis and link to various reports about POV-
Ray that have been printed in the mainstream (online or dead tree) press.

An example of the sort of thing I mean is, of course, the recent slashdot
report, plus ones like these ...

  http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9903/16/super.idg/

I am particularly interested in references to corporations or well-known
institutions using POV-Ray in some manner.

I'm also interested in collecting other interesting articles, which are not
themselves news items, but nevertheless make interesting reading, e.g. ...

  http://students.washington.edu/sschmitt/pov/index.html

I'd appreciate it if readers who know of resources of the above types could
follow up to this article with the URL's.

thanks,

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> I'd like to establish a 'POV-Ray in the News' section on the new website.
> This section would provide a precis and link to various reports about POV-
> Ray that have been printed in the mainstream (online or dead tree) press.

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/3175/
  ==>  http://www.pcplus.co.uk/search.asp?searchtype=site&searchtext=POV-Ray

Tor Olav

Date: 16 Jul 2002 05:20:43
Message: <fqn7jucs9nhsel9psfnohkd5gf6gk09hkh@4ax.com>
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 00:47:00 +1000, "Chris Cason"
<new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> I'd like to establish a 'POV-Ray in the News' section on the new website.
> This section would provide a precis and link to various reports about POV-
> Ray that have been printed in the mainstream (online or dead tree) press.

http://www.google.com/u/siggraph?q=pov&sitesearch=siggraph.org

ABX

Date: 17 Jul 2002 02:54:51
Message: <b15ajugc4qprgpbic9r1hkuubr4p8drkel@4ax.com>
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 00:47:00 +1000, "Chris Cason"
<new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> I am particularly interested in references to corporations or well-known
> institutions using POV-Ray in some manner.
> I'm also interested in collecting other interesting articles, which are not
> themselves news items, but nevertheless make interesting reading, e.g. ...

I wonder if this fits

http://www.frams.alife.pl/

ABX