POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : network Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  network (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: network
Date: 9 Jul 2002 18:38:41
Message: <Xns92475FD8819Araf256com@204.213.191.226>
I have some remote computers on Win98 and Linux (SuSe) - is there some
program that will allow me easly to start rendering on them and will return
results (images) to me ?

From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: network
Date: 10 Jul 2002 01:00:55
Message: <gofniuo0leve2v6b4qo175o1cvbjin0msm@4ax.com>
On 9 Jul 2002 18:38:41 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com>
wrote:

>I have some remote computers on Win98 and Linux (SuSe) - is there some
>program that will allow me easly to start rendering on them and will return
>results (images) to me ?

Any type of SSH client will let you connect to your Linux box. From
there, you can get your file back when it's ready and you can set
DISPLAY so that you see the render progress on your monitor (there are
some free X servers available for Windows as well).

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg