POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray v3.5 now available Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.5 now available (Message 1 to 10 of 51)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: POV-Ray v3.5 now available
Date: 9 Jul 2002 08:53:16
Message: <3d2adcbc@news.povray.org>
It is with pleasure that the POV-Team announces that POV-Ray version
3.5 is now officially available for the Windows, Macintosh and Linux
platforms.

In development for well over two years, v3.5 is a major improvement
over all previous versions, not only in features, but in stability
and the quality of the documentation and included example files. Of
course, we don't claim it to be bug free (see our known bugs list at
our web site), but given our extensive alpha, pre-beta and beta program
we feel that what we are releasing today is a stable, well-tested piece
of software that can be used with confidence.

Since our first internal alpha version (early 2001), we have built 6
alphas, 14 private pre-betas, 16 public betas, and 6 release candidates
to get us to today's final 3.5 release. During this time we read,
reviewed, and in many cases answered over 12,000 newsgroup postings in
our private and public beta test forums, resulting in many hundreds of
bug fixes and improvements.

The POV-Team would like to extend its heartfelt thanks to all those who
helped to make this possible, and particularly to our dedicated group
of pre-beta testers, who not only performed testing functions but also
made major contributions to the scene and documentation files, not only
during the pre-beta stage but right up to the days before the final
release.

I would also like to extend my personal thanks to the POV-Team members
who worked long and hard on this since we started on it all those years
ago. Your dedication is truly appreciated.

-- Chris Cason
   POV-Team Co-ordinator

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 22:52:27 +1000, "Chris Cason"
<new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> It is with pleasure that the POV-Team announces that POV-Ray version
> 3.5 is now officially available for the Windows, Macintosh and Linux
> platforms.

Great work. Thanks.

ABX

Post a reply to this message