POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fog without background Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  fog without background (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: marabou
Subject: fog without background
Date: 30 Jun 2002 11:36:08
Message: <3d1f2568@news.povray.org>
hello,

when i want to include fog into a scene i get following problem:
fog needs the background word. it is okay. but if i add a plane on z-axis
no fog will be rendered. it is bad, because i want to use ground fog in a
room. is there a solution for it?

thanks in advance.

Post a reply to this message

"marabou" <not### [at] availablenet> wrote in message

> hello,
>
> when i want to include fog into a scene i get following problem:
> fog needs the background word. it is okay. but if i add a plane on z-axis
> no fog will be rendered. it is bad, because i want to use ground fog in a
> room. is there a solution for it?
>
> thanks in advance.

Add this to your scene:

sphere {
    0,10000 // Adjust radius for scale of scene
    pigment {color rgb 0}
    hollow
}

...Chambers