POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : features request. Just wondering Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  features request. Just wondering (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Fabien Hénon
Subject: features request. Just wondering
Date: 23 Jun 2002 17:51:38
Message: <3D16418D.78F8E875@club-internet.fr>
I just wonder how much work it would take to add two features which I
would find great in the windows editor of WINPOV:

1 - Highlight matching braces. When the cursor is close to { or }, the
matching one is highlighted. It would be much easier to understand the
code in deeply nested objects, CSG, ..... Most unix editors have this
feature.

2 - Expanding keywords : When the beginning of a keyword is written in
the editor (ie 'ligh'), the user should be given the choice of the
possible matching keywords ( 'light_source' or 'light_group'.
If only one keyword matches (ie 'cam'), the editor should complete that
keyword ('camera').
Scite does this.

If you want clear examples, both features are implemented in my Linux
POV-RAY editor at :
http://pyvon.sourceforge.net    see screenshots

You have to have Python installed first.

Post a reply to this message

> 2 - Expanding keywords : When the beginning of a keyword is written in
> the editor (ie 'ligh'), the user should be given the choice of the
> possible matching keywords ( 'light_source' or 'light_group'.
> If only one keyword matches (ie 'cam'), the editor should complete
> that keyword ('camera').

Type "cam" and press tab. Type "ligh" and press tab a few times.

Post a reply to this message

Tony[B] <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote:
> Type "cam" and press tab. Type "ligh" and press tab a few times.

  Also read the sections 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 of the documentation for even
more options.

> 1 - Highlight matching braces. When the cursor is close to { or }, the
> matching one is highlighted. It would be much easier to understand the
> code in deeply nested objects, CSG, ..... Most unix editors have this
> feature.

I'm pretty sure if you put the cursor near a brace and press ctrl+], it will
go to the matching brace. I might have the shortcut wrong... check the
menus.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message