POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture source Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Texture source (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Mike Williams
Subject: Texture source
Date: 11 Jun 2002 14:03:59
Message: <3d063b8f$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a place online where I can find povray textures to download. As I
build textures I would also like to have a place to put them for others to
take advantage. I have seen the texture library but it does not have a large
list. I am looking for black sand and moltant metal. I am also looking for a
good concrete and pavment.

"Mike Williams" <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Is there a place online where I can find povray textures to download. As I
> build textures I would also like to have a place to put them for others to
> take advantage. I have seen the texture library but it does not have a
large
> list. I am looking for black sand and moltant metal. I am also looking for
> good concrete and pavment.

Do you mean bitmap or procedural textures?

I don't know if it help but You can try http://texlib.povray.org/

> As I
> build textures I would also like to have a place to put them for others to
> take advantage.

You can add your texture to sample object and send it to
http://www.povworld.org/objects/cat/

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> "Mike Williams" <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > Is there a place online where I can find povray textures to download. As
> > build textures I would also like to have a place to put them for others
> > take advantage. I have seen the texture library but it does not have a
> large
> > list. I am looking for black sand and moltant metal. I am also looking
for
> > good concrete and pavment.
>
> Do you mean bitmap or procedural textures?

procedural textures.

Given the power that povray has to do this I find I use bitmaps Only for
decals and the like.

Post a reply to this message