POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sphere sweep question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:13:21 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere sweep question (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Skip Talbot
Subject: Sphere sweep question
Date: 4 Jun 2002 18:17:42
Message: <3cfd3c86$1@news.povray.org>
When you fill a sphere sweep with media does the entire sweep act like one
container or are the individual spheres containers.  Basically, does the
number of spheres in the sweep control the density of the media?  I'd test
it myself right now, but I have a long render going.  Thanks

Skip

Post a reply to this message

> When you fill a sphere sweep with media does the entire sweep act like one
> container or are the individual spheres containers.  Basically, does the
> number of spheres in the sweep control the density of the media?  I'd test
> it myself right now, but I have a long render going.  Thanks

The shape that you see with a solid outside texture is the same shape as the
container it will be when you make the outside transparent and fill it with
media.

So, yes, it acts like one container, unless there's some sort of bug. The
density of the media is only controlled by the color you give the media and
the density{} blocks you create.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]