POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Seeking Iso Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:11:02 EDT (-0400)
  Seeking Iso (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Seeking Iso
Date: 2 May 2002 20:54:15
Message: <3CD1E04D.F759518D@Rapidnet.com>
Does anybody know how to create a diamond-mesh catwalk grate using an
Iso-Surface?

A.D.B

Post a reply to this message

From: TinCanMan
Subject: Re: Seeking Iso
Date: 2 May 2002 22:18:25
Message: <3cd1f371$1@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <ban### [at] Rapidnetcom> wrote in message
> Does anybody know how to create a diamond-mesh catwalk grate using an
> Iso-Surface?
>

> A.D.B

There is a defined function in functions.inc for a mesh object, if you can
figure out how it works (it took me a while to figure it out)  you can
rotate it by 45 and scale it perhaps.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 2 May 2002 22:31:38
Message: <3CD1F720.53AAAE86@Rapidnet.com>
I Will take a look.

                                    A.D.B

TinCanMan wrote:

> "Anthony D. Baye" <ban### [at] Rapidnetcom> wrote in message
> > Does anybody know how to create a diamond-mesh catwalk grate using an
> > Iso-Surface?
> >

> > A.D.B
> >
> There is a defined function in functions.inc for a mesh object, if you can
> figure out how it works (it took me a while to figure it out)  you can
> rotate it by 45 and scale it perhaps.
>
> -tgq

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Williams
Date: 2 May 2002 22:48:37
Message: <ldvSKGApof08Ewc3@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Anthony D. Baye who wrote:
>Does anybody know how to create a diamond-mesh catwalk grate using an
>Iso-Surface?

Do you mean something like this?

camera { location  <0, 2.5,-3> look_at 0}

background {rgb <.6,.6,.8>}
light_source {<-100,200,-100> colour rgb 1}

#declare P=function{pigment{leopard
  colour_map{[0.0  rgb 0.2]
             //[0.05 rgb 0.15]
             [0.1  rgb 0.0]
             [1.0  rgb 0.0]}
  scale <0.15,0.15,0.06>
  }
}

isosurface {
  function { y^2*10 - P(x,0,z).red*0.5}
  max_gradient 4
  contained_by{box{<-2,-0.1,-2>,<2,0.1,2>}}
  pigment {rgb 1}
  finish {phong 0.5 phong_size 10}
}

--