POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : glow on surfaces Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  glow on surfaces (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: WhiteGandalf
Subject: glow on surfaces
Date: 1 May 2002 08:50:05
Message: <20020501144914176+0200@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I wanted to know if there is a feasible way to implement "glow" on a
surface usoing standard 3.1pov. I want to make backlighting of a semi-
transparent surface: like an anat-jour illumnated from a lamp inside. I
need this for lamp design in fact. Making a visible light source or just
an object with a high ambient value is not enough because it is
distributed uniformly, while I need the effect of a non uniform ligthing (
you see a light behind a paper). In other programs you use "glow maps"
but they are not available in pov, so what ?

I'm a quite long time pov user, but I never resolved this...

regards,
Riccardo

Post a reply to this message