POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.5 Radiosity - importance sampling? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 Radiosity - importance sampling? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Subject: 3.5 Radiosity - importance sampling?
Date: 21 Apr 2002 11:42:17
Message: <3cc2ddd9$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,
    Does POVRay 3.5 use some kind of importance sampling or weighted
importance sampling when taking random samples to solve the diffuse
interreflection integral? I've been looking at the MegaPOV source but its
not yet clear to me if this is the case or if it applies here.

Thanks again,
George Pantazopoulos

Post a reply to this message

>     Does POVRay 3.5 use some kind of importance sampling or weighted
> importance sampling when taking random samples to solve the diffuse
> interreflection integral? I've been looking at the MegaPOV source but its
> not yet clear to me if this is the case or if it applies here.

If you explain what 'importance sampling' is i'm quite sure i can answer
your question.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,