POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slab Building Error: Out of memory Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Slab Building Error: Out of memory (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Apache
Subject: Slab Building Error: Out of memory
Date: 13 Apr 2002 15:42:12
Message: <3cb88a14$1@news.povray.org>
While rendering a scene that contains lots of photons, I'm getting the
following error message:
"Slab Building Error: Out of memory. Cannot allocate 327680 bytes for
photons."

Is 327680 bytes the maximum amount of memory for photon data? If so, should
I decrease the photon spacing value?

Regards.

--
Apache
http://geitenkaas.dns2go.com/experiments/

Post a reply to this message

> While rendering a scene that contains lots of photons, I'm getting the
> following error message:
> "Slab Building Error: Out of memory. Cannot allocate 327680 bytes for
> photons."
>
> Is 327680 bytes the maximum amount of memory for photon data? If so, should
> I decrease the photon spacing value?

No, the message says "Out of memory" and then reports how much more was wanted
when the error was encountered but not available.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message