POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shortest Code Contest Results in fancy page Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Shortest Code Contest Results in fancy page (Message 31 to 32 of 32)
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Subject: Re: Shortest Code Contest Results in fancy page
Date: 4 Apr 2002 16:49:50
Message: <MPG.1716e8d81b0c12659896f3@news.povray.org>
In article <3cac8831$1@news.povray.org>, "Greg M. Johnson" <gregj:-
)565### [at] aolcom> says...

> (it's blind, and I *said* it's "open to the public").  It's interesting that
> the week that non-raytracing, NY/NJ residents were voting (about 5), my c06
> entry got LOTS of votes.  During a week that I beat the bushes at
> povray.general a second time, about 5 raytracers voted, giving  c06 NO
> votes.

When looking at that image "normal" people see a "city in the morning
sun." while PoVers will see an array of boxes with random height and a
scattering media :-)

Lutz-Peter

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 4 Apr 2002 16:53:51
Message: <MPG.1716e9cb5449fb9c9896f4@news.povray.org>
In article <hf6oaugliv6ld2vgp6orusiofo2ee2i2se@4ax.com>, abx### [at] babilonorg
says...

> I have one question - anybody adjested brightnest of
> http://10best.raytrace.com/short/ks6_800.JPG ?

I did, and I included a comment about that in my vote.
I liked the adjusted picture, but I based my vote on how it looked
unmodified.

Lutz-Peter