POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shortest Code Contest Results in fancy page Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Shortest Code Contest Results in fancy page (Message 23 to 32 of 32)
From: Jan Walzer
Subject: Re: Shortest Code Contest Results in fancy page
Date: 4 Apr 2002 09:53:43
Message: <3cac68f7@news.povray.org>
"Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> Warp goes on these POV-Ray purist kicks once in a while. He is mostly
> harmless but bears considerable watching. Of course it is a ridiculous
> requirement. Warnings do not effect the resulting image and will not be
> prohibited.

lol ...

I've no probs with POV-purism ...
But IMHO this includes the use of the shortcuts, POV-Ray offers ...
So if we know, what we do with our tools, we can thankfully leave the warnings
aside, as they are probably intended ? ...

Date: 4 Apr 2002 10:02:09
Message: <rcqoauolnqoo6883105l3m8ff03rf8gnva@4ax.com>
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:30:49 +0100, "Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:
> >   IMHO the rules should say that the scene must not issue any warnings.
>
> Why? This would invalidate a lot of perfectly acceptable shortcuts. Suppose I
> make an image that works by casting shadows, do I have to have a pigment for
> each shape even though they are never seen?

I think that no-warning strategy is nice but should be used rather in useful
tools, inlude files, macros distributed to others as tutorials, packages etc.
Shortest code or sig is made to confuse so no need to remove it but also no need
to not try to remove it. Just not important thing.

ABX
--
disc{z,-z#macro O()asc(substr("-+((1*(,1,/.-,*/(,&.323/'1"e,1))*.1-4#declare
e=e-1;#end#local e=26;5pigment{#local g=function(_){ceil(_)-_}function#local
>.01#end}}}}{k(g(atan2(x,y)),g(ln((y+x)^2+1e-5)),0)}}finish{ambient 1}}//ABX

Post a reply to this message