POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mathematical heighfield/isosurface preview Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  mathematical heighfield/isosurface preview (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
Subject: mathematical heighfield/isosurface preview
Date: 26 Mar 2002 07:26:32
Message: <psp0au8fk8no65bflt3cfsgpfmqfjkqi6j@4ax.com>
For those who want faster function adjusting

http://library.wolfram.com/webMathematica/MSP/Explore/Graphics/Plot3D

ABX

Subject: Re: mathematical heighfield/isosurface preview
Date: 26 Mar 2002 10:12:42
Message: <0e31augbq6m0t0us0h3iaj3tiijheughh0@4ax.com>

wrote:
> For those who want faster function adjusting
> http://library.wolfram.com/webMathematica/MSP/Explore/Graphics/Plot3D

And for those who are confused about mathematica syntax take a look at online
documentation at http://documents.wolfram.com/ . Below is complete equivalent
of default graph. I thought it could be better to present it as parametric
object but this produced some crash in my current beta (apriopriate report
after moment in p.b-t). I didn't want to use mesh to not complicate script.

#version 3.5;
#include "shapes"

#local Surface=isosurface{
  function{y-(
    (sin(x*z))^2  // fromula from Mathematica
  )}
  contained_by{box{
    <0,0,0>        // min range from Mathematica
    <2*pi,1,2*pi>  // max range from Mathematica
  }}
  max_gradient 4.5 // adjusted according to pov-warning
  pigment {rgb 1}
};

Center_Object(Surface,1)

camera {