POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray wishlist Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Povray wishlist (Message 21 to 30 of 67)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Povray wishlist
Date: 18 Mar 2002 09:43:39
Message: <3c95fd1b@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
> The
> merge shape could be replaced with an option for the union shape

  So we reduce the number of reserved keywords by 0 and we force the parser
to make a much more complicated task (it starts by creating a union, but
in the middle of parsing it suddenly has to convert it to merge).

>, sor
> could be an option for lathes,

  Same problem. Number of reserved keywords are reduced by 0 and the parser
has to change the lathe to a sor (which might be a bit complicated).

> The prism and polygon primitives could be made
> into one primitive, or prism, sor, and lathe could be combined into a
> single sweep primitive.

  You said that this would simplify the syntax. I don't see how. If all of
them are made into one sweep primitive, we end up getting one reserved
keyword more than currently. I don't see how this makes anything simpler.

> Smooth triangles could be made part of ordinary
> triangles.

  And how do we differentiate between them?