POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : image_map Leftovers Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  image_map Leftovers (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Lieut Data
Subject: image_map Leftovers
Date: 15 Mar 2002 13:42:24
Message: <3c924090$1@news.povray.org>
When I wrap an image_map onto my object, and the image_map is not the same
size, there are transparent sections leftover.

I realize the way to combat this is to:

texture {pigment{color White}} //White Backing
texture {pigment{image_map{..}}} //Image Map

Unfortunately, I want to include transparency on my whole object.

When I apply: transmit all .5 to the image_map, without adding any transmit
to the "backing", nothing happens. So I applied transmit .5 to the backing,
which "worked", but the effect was multiplied with the image_map.

How can I apply a constant transparency effect to the entire object?

Post a reply to this message