POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mug Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Mug (Message 21 to 30 of 34)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: bob h
Subject: Re: Mug
Date: 13 Feb 2002 02:15:32
Message: <3c6a1294@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote in message

> That is expensive. I could get an electric coffee maker for that price
> I'll buy one

Got a toaster recently and for the $30 I could buy 3 of those, but it's an
extremely cheap bargain toaster.  A POV-Ray mug is more valuable to me.
Admittedly, I could imagine difficulty in selling 150 though.

> What are the dimensions of the cup?

milliliters, as Chris Cason has answered before.  Very coffee mug sized
then, even though the pictures make it look like a tall beer mug.  A little
mathematics would help to figure out the size based on the shape we already
know about.  Unfortunately I'm probably much better at guessing than I am at

inches across bottom.  Without looking at the picture again, that is, and
also not know if the inside drops all the way to the base.  :-)
So I could be totally wrong.

bob h

Post a reply to this message

> > Very coffee mug sized then, even though the pictures make it look like a
> tall beer >mug.  A little mathematics would help to figure out the size based
> on the shape we >already know about.

The mathematics I'm interested in, coffee mug-wise, concern how hot that metal
mug would be to hold and drink from filled with scalding coffee. Definitely more
of a showpiece than a functional vessel for hot liquids.

Post a reply to this message

> The mathematics I'm interested in, coffee mug-wise, concern how hot that metal
> mug would be to hold and drink from filled with scalding coffee. Definitely more
> of a showpiece than a functional vessel for hot liquids.

It's double wall thermal insulated and it has a unique safety feature
called a handle.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> The mathematics I'm interested in, coffee mug-wise, concern how hot that metal
> mug would be to hold and drink from filled with scalding coffee. Definitely more
> of a showpiece than a functional vessel for hot liquids.

If you'd bothered to read my original post you would have noticed that I clearly
stated that it was double-walled. Which is one of the reasons it is so expensive.

Post a reply to this message