POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : obj2pov and objuvpov both gone... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  obj2pov and objuvpov both gone... (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ruy
Subject: obj2pov and objuvpov both gone...
Date: 16 Jan 2002 18:06:08
Message: <3c460760@news.povray.org>
I've been looking all over the place for these two utilities, but to no
avail. All the links (including Ken's and Povray.org's) are broken. Can
anybody help me?

Ruy

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: obj2pov and objuvpov both gone...
Date: 16 Jan 2002 18:46:39
Message: <chrishuff-C5599E.18475016012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c460760@news.povray.org>, "Ruy" <ruy### [at] hipernetcombr>
wrote:

> I've been looking all over the place for these two utilities, but to no
> avail. All the links (including Ken's and Povray.org's) are broken. Can
> anybody help me?

Thanks to Google... :-)

A perl script called obj2pov written by Warren Mann:
http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/povray_art/povray.html

A C program by the same name, also by Warren Mann:
ftp://mystique.servetheweb.com/pub/obj2pov/obj2pov.c

> A perl script called obj2pov written by Warren Mann:
> http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/povray_art/povray.html
>
> A C program by the same name, also by Warren Mann:
> ftp://mystique.servetheweb.com/pub/obj2pov/obj2pov.c

I had bumped into both of them as well, but I have no access to Perl nor to
a C compiler.

But thanks anyway.

Ruy

Post a reply to this message

> I had bumped into both of them as well, but I have no access to Perl nor to

www.perl.com or http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/

Post a reply to this message

> I had bumped into both of them as well, but I have no access to Perl nor to
> a C compiler.

C compiler can be found on:

http://www.cygwin.com

Christoph