POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : localization of povray? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:31:58 EDT (-0400)
  localization of povray? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Gergely Vandor
Subject: localization of povray?
Date: 14 Jan 2002 16:24:42
Message: <3c434c9a@news.povray.org>
I somehow got this insane idea that creating a localized (Hungarian) version
of POV-Ray would be a "lot of fun". At least I would be pretty proud when
it's finished :)

I believe I could do the job well enough, I've done a lot of "professional"
localization in the past months.

Has anyone done anything like this before? Would it be OK for the POV-team?

I don't really know much about the technical side of this. I believe that
the translation of the docs would not be a problem technically, but can the
strings of the software itself be brought to a translator-friendly form?

Also, can anyone provide an approximate wordcount (software/docs)?

Cheers,

Gergely

Post a reply to this message