POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wish for splines Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  wish for splines (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
Subject: wish for splines
Date: 10 Jan 2002 05:00:00
Message: <uuoq3uoi90n6pi4bmj02kcpoip1ndhjmhv@4ax.com>
Considering 3.5 possibility of changing type of splines on-the-fly I suppose all
control points are strored with spline identifier. So why not add transformation
modifier for splines ?

for example

#declare S=spline{
  cubic_spline
      Val_1, <Point_1>[,]
      Val_2, <Point_2>[,]
      Val_n, <Point_n>
      rotate x*90                    // rotate control points 1..n
      Val_n_1, <Point_n_1>[,]
      Val_n_2, <Point_n_2>[,]
      Val_m, <Point_m>
      translate y*2               // translate control points 1..m
      Reorient_Matrix(y,x+z) // trnsformation from "std.inc"
}

it can be done by hand with #if, #macro, loops etc. but since parsing is the
slowest part then it could improve speed

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>Considering 3.5 possibility of changing type of splines on-the-fly I
suppose all
>control points are strored with spline identifier. So why not add
transformation
>modifier for splines ?

Shouldn't be too hard to do.  I'll see what I can manage.

--
Mark