POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible bug with blobs Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:58:53 EDT (-0400)
  Possible bug with blobs (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Hugo
Subject: Possible bug with blobs
Date: 12 Jan 2002 13:05:07
Message: <3c407ad3$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I hope you don't mind another blob question. I need to ask, before I can say
it's a bug.

I can provide you with a scene file that shows two spheres of the same size,
one of them is a blob. On the left side of them, I have traced a lot of
small blobs randomly connected with each other, to form a layer of paint or
snow. Here the problem arises: If I add a transmit or filter value to the
snow, there will be a lot of odd shadows (they are actually holes) on the
blob sphere, but not on the other sphere, or on other kind of objects. It
only happens on the blob sphere, although it's an independant object from
the snow.

I have cut down the scene file to a minimum, and posted it on p.b.s-f.. It
is a problem with all POV versions. Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
Hugo Asm.

Post a reply to this message