POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : first image... first love Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  first image... first love (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: MR
Subject: first image... first love
Date: 8 Jan 2002 09:35:49
Message: <3c3b03c5$1@news.povray.org>
it was soon after i met povray that she came to me
in a vision of glorious splendor.  she was the
perfect image.  it was love at first sight.  yes,
we were naive and inexperienced.  our first couplings
were awkward and fumbling.  we shyly experimented
with csg, lighting, and cameras.  our love grew.
soon we were spending long hours discovering the joys
of moray, and we ran free and uninhibited through the
trees and grass of gilles's macros, with a clear blue
sky and wispy white clouds above us.  wrapped in the
throes of passion, we rendered into the wee hours of
the morning.

it would be a lie to say that it was all so perfect
and easy.  troubled times descended upon us, and like
brando in the steaming vietnam jungle, i still wake in
a cold sweat from the nightmare, with its dreaded name
upon my tongue.  "atmospheric media," i whisper.  but
we weathered these times, and the light, tempered by
the gentle touch of radiosity, shone upon us again.

but then a morning came when the wanderlust came over
me.  the magic was gone.  i quietly and sadly gathered
my things and slipped out into the faint, early morning
light, and i was gone.

and so now i'm on my own again, and although i am alone,
i cast my eyes towards the horizon, where the grass
gives way to a simple texture, and i know that another
image is waiting on me somewhere, sometime.  but even as
i shade my eyes from the area light sun, and look to the
future,  i know in my heart that i will never forget her.

she was my first.

miker

Post a reply to this message

> it was soon after i met povray that she came to me
> in a vision of glorious splendor.  she was the
> perfect image.  it was love at first sight.  yes,
> we were naive and inexperienced.  our first couplings
> were awkward and fumbling.  we shyly experimented
> with csg, lighting, and cameras.  our love grew.
> soon we were spending long hours discovering the joys
> of moray, and we ran free and uninhibited through the
> trees and grass of gilles's macros, with a clear blue
> sky and wispy white clouds above us.  wrapped in the
> throes of passion, we rendered into the wee hours of
> the morning.
>
> it would be a lie to say that it was all so perfect
> and easy.  troubled times descended upon us, and like
> brando in the steaming vietnam jungle, i still wake in
> a cold sweat from the nightmare, with its dreaded name
> upon my tongue.  "atmospheric media," i whisper.  but
> we weathered these times, and the light, tempered by
> the gentle touch of radiosity, shone upon us again.
>
> but then a morning came when the wanderlust came over
> me.  the magic was gone.  i quietly and sadly gathered
> my things and slipped out into the faint, early morning
> light, and i was gone.
>
> and so now i'm on my own again, and although i am alone,
> i cast my eyes towards the horizon, where the grass
> gives way to a simple texture, and i know that another
> image is waiting on me somewhere, sometime.  but even as
> i shade my eyes from the area light sun, and look to the
> future,  i know in my heart that i will never forget her.
>
> she was my first.
>
> miker

Post a reply to this message