POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Continue problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Continue problem (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Patrick Dugan
Subject: Continue problem
Date: 27 Dec 2001 15:22:33
Message: <3c2b8309$1@news.povray.org>
I posted this before in beta test but someone suggested I should post it
here.

The problem regards the continue function.  I am rendering a large (10240 x
7680) image using the switches -D +c for the render.  I let the render run
all night and it creates about 600 lines.  I stop the render, reboot the
computer (the next morning) and then start (continue with those switches)
the render again assuming it will continue where it left off.  Instead the
render window shows it starting at 1 again (out of 7679) depsite the fact
that it had completed 600 lines previously.  I examined the BMP and the 600
lines are there but povray insists on starting over at the top.

Why would it do that when I have the +c switch specifed?

Is there some reason why it won't continue?

Anyone else have such a problem and is there a workaround?

Post a reply to this message