POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MazeQuest - a computer game Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  MazeQuest - a computer game (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: MR
Subject: Re: MazeQuest - a computer game
Date: 20 Dec 2001 10:52:05
Message: <3c220925$1@news.povray.org>
hi rune!

if it is permitted to tell, what authoring tool did you use?

thanks, miker

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Date: 20 Dec 2001 18:06:56
Message: <3c226f10@news.povray.org>
I used Mediator by Matchware ( http://www.matchware.net/default.htm ), but
that's just because that's what my school has got.

It's very easy to use as everything is done through a graphical
user-interface, and all triggers and actions are controlled with small
icons. But the software is rather *limited* and certainly not intended to
make the kind of game that I've made with it. As a result, the animation
sequences are jaggy because the timing in the program is not perfect.
Furthermore the program seems to be quite *buggy*, as can be seen in this
thread.

The new version of Mediator may be better on both regards according to their
website (more flexible and many bugs fixed), but I have no experience with
it myself.

As a whole I can't recommend it as serious users will get too advanced for
it too quickly. Also, programs made using Mediator can always be opened and
modified by other people who also have Mediator, so copyright-wise you're
not very well protected.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)