POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov 4 feature dream Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  pov 4 feature dream (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Subject: Re: pov 4 feature dream
Date: 3 Dec 2001 07:05:01
Message: <3C0B6A77.99AB796@atosorigin.com>
Pet### [at] nymaliasnetalmost wrote:

>         What would you do about a .pov file that generates a
> .pov/.inc file and then includes it?

The only sane approach I can thing of is to dump the rendered object structure,
once the whole scene has been parsed.
That's asking for a kind of binary-like format.
it would therefore avoid any fancy thing such as file I/O and
clock setting... it would just be a kind of canonical scene format.
It would be pretty verbose, and a probable loss of precision is expected,
unless you print all doubles to the last significant digit.
(with error rounding in printing in base 10 a base 2 number).

It's worthless to speed up animation parsing, because there would
be a different huge file for each clock values.
It might be usefull for distributed rendering of the same scene,
 but it's a bit extreme.