POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray renderfarm Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  povray renderfarm (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Apache
Subject: povray renderfarm
Date: 25 Nov 2001 20:32:11
Message: <3c019b9b@news.povray.org>
I'm wondering who is interested in setting up a render farm? Preferably a
render farm that works with PovRay 3.5.

Post a reply to this message

From: Micha Riser
Subject: Re: povray renderfarm
Date: 26 Nov 2001 11:10:00
Message: <8bptt9.gh1.ln@micha.riser>
Apache wrote:

> I'm wondering who is interested in setting up a render farm? Preferably a
> render farm that works with PovRay 3.5.

Across the internet? For stills? Yes, I am interested.

- Micha

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 26 Nov 2001 21:20:29
Message: <3C02F8DB.6957D66C@pacbell.net>
Micha Riser wrote:

> Apache wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering who is interested in setting up a render farm? Preferably a
> > render farm that works with PovRay 3.5.
>
> Across the internet? For stills? Yes, I am interested.

The IMP is working on it. v3.5 will have to wait until the source code
is released. http://www.imp.org

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> > > I'm wondering who is interested in setting up a render farm?
Preferably a
> > > render farm that works with PovRay 3.5.
> >
> > Across the internet? For stills? Yes, I am interested.
>
> The IMP is working on it. v3.5 will have to wait until the source code
> is released. http://www.imp.org
>
> --
> Ken Tyler

Actually we have been doing a bunch of test renders over the past month.
Lot more complicated than it looks, if you want cross platform, fault
tolerant...  We are using external scripting for now.  When 3.5 is out we
may try a custom patch.

Tom