POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : walking Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  walking (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: walking
Date: 13 Nov 2001 13:59:34
Message: <3bf16d96@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> 1) My two complete and favorite blob systems were
>    built with FK, so there's no rewrite from scratch.

You don't have to rewrite your model from scratch at all! Simple
translations inside the transforms can be used to make sure all body parts
are aligned correctly.

> 2) It's quite hard to model.  I came up with the
>    perfect system using transforms and spent a week
>    making a blob out of it. It is hideous.

If that's the case it doesn't sound too perfect to me...
As I said, you can model your model like you would normally do, and a line
with a transform statement is no more hideous than a line with a rotate
statement.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)