POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fade to white? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Fade to white? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Fade to white?
Date: 4 Nov 2001 21:47:08
Message: <3be5fdac@news.povray.org>
For changing scenes in an animation, I want to "fade to white" instead
of fade to black.  Going to black is easy: turn off all the lights.

But when I tried this with a fog, even with a distance of "0", I still
saw alot of detail in a close-up of a character's face.   Any other
tips?

Post a reply to this message

> For changing scenes in an animation, I want to "fade to white" instead
> of fade to black.  Going to black is easy: turn off all the lights.
>
> But when I tried this with a fog, even with a distance of "0", I still
> saw alot of detail in a close-up of a character's face.   Any other
> tips?

I imagine you could use a white box or plane in front of the camera with
no_shadow, ambient 1, and alter its transparency.

-Ben

Post a reply to this message

"Ben Udall" <ben### [at] niftythingsorg> wrote in message
news:3BE### [at] niftythingsorg...
> Greg M. Johnson wrote:
>
> > For changing scenes in an animation, I want to "fade to white" instead
> > of fade to black.  Going to black is easy: turn off all the lights.
>
> I imagine you could use a white box or plane in front of the camera with
> no_shadow, ambient 1, and alter its transparency.

Or a tiny sphere around the camera.  Wonder what happens if the global
ambient_light is changed from 1 to 100 though?  Might make for a different
and interesting effect.

Check it and doesn't go right with reflection, sky_sphere or background
color.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message