POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Specular Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Specular (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Subject: Specular
Date: 4 Nov 2001 07:22:38
Message: <3be5330e@news.povray.org>
Hi All

Don't really know where to put this...

I have been attempting to create realistic figures using image maps and
amongst the many problems I have encountered is adding specular to semi
transparent meshes.

What I need to do is add specular highlights to the opaque parts of the mesh
only.

Is this a reson for specular maps?

Any suggestions?

Mick

Post a reply to this message

Instead of using a color_map to define transparent and non-transparent areas
use a texture_map. Then for the transparent areas don't use specular in the
finish block.
Finish_maps would help a lot here.
--
Jonathan.

"Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi All
>
> Don't really know where to put this...
>
> I have been attempting to create realistic figures using image maps and
> amongst the many problems I have encountered is adding specular to semi
> transparent meshes.
>
> What I need to do is add specular highlights to the opaque parts of the
mesh
> only.
>
> Is this a reson for specular maps?
>
> Any suggestions?