POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering error Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering error (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jon Berndt
Subject: Rendering error
Date: 2 Nov 2001 13:33:31
Message: <3be2e6fb@news.povray.org>
I was trying to render an object when I got this error from POV (3.1):

Rendering errir.
internal failure in function solve_sq_hit1: 0, inf, -0.321102, -nan

Is this of use to someone in debugging? Would any of the developers like to
see the scene file I was using?

Jon

Post a reply to this message

> I was trying to render an object when I got this error from POV (3.1):
>
> Rendering errir.
> internal failure in function solve_sq_hit1: 0, inf, -0.321102, -nan
>
> Is this of use to someone in debugging? Would any of the developers like to
> see the scene file I was using?

In order to help you a bit more information is necessary.  Please provide
the exact version number (3.1, 3.1a, 3.1d, 3.1g, etc) and the platform you
are using as well as a _small_ sample scene (complete with camera and
lights) pasted in the _body_ of the message (not attached!!!) in this group.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > I was trying to render an object when I got this error from POV (3.1):
> >
> > Rendering errir.
> > internal failure in function solve_sq_hit1: 0, inf, -0.321102, -nan
>
> In order to help you a bit more information is necessary.  Please provide
> the exact version number (3.1, 3.1a, 3.1d, 3.1g, etc) and the platform you
> are using as well as a _small_ sample scene (complete with camera and
> lights) pasted in the _body_ of the message (not attached!!!) in this
group.

I was using 3.1g. I used Moray to build a scene that included a whoel lot of
CSG objects, nested fairly deeply. One of those objects was a superellipsoid
that was being used to cut a "window" out of a sphere shell. When I replaced
the superellipsoid with a regular box everything worked. So, it seems that
in my case, at least, a superellipsoid might be a little flaky in rare
circumstances. Good assumption?

Jon