POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Keychain page updated Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Keychain page updated (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Alan Holding
Subject: Re: Keychain page updated
Date: 25 Oct 2001 13:27:13
Message: <3bd84b71@news.povray.org>
2, 7 or 9.  7 if I had to choose only one. And yes I would buy one (which I
didn't say before).

--
www.mp3.com/FeedingTheCats
http://www.btinternet.com/~manhog/

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 25 Oct 2001 13:29:14
Message: <3bd84bea@news.povray.org>
> It would be very nice to have all projects rendered using the same
> texture set and lighting, the same output settings and the same "in use"

In general, these are not renderings. Many were done in e.g. photoshop.

> Are the surface normals reasonably realistic, or are they currently
> designers' license ?

license.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Jamie Davison
Date: 25 Oct 2001 14:39:15
Message: <MPG.16426cc57dd9d0f0989a4c@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:48:46 +1000, Chris Cason wrote...
> I've added some new designs and clarified some others.
>
>   http://www.povray.org/temp/keychains.html

<bias>

No. 9

</bias>

To be serious though, I like 7,8 and 9 the best out of all of them.  For
some reason, I like the colour scheme of 8 over 9's (I may have to
resubmit it with a more bare brass-like texture.)  And I much prefer
number 7 over number 2 as it looks much less like a dog-tag.

Mind you, it was one hell of a surprise to a) see my effort on the page,
and b) see people actually saying they liked it... <goes away to try and
force ego back into cage>

<grin>

Does anyone have any idea about what sort of price I'd be looking at
after P&P from Oz to the UK?  (this means I'm serisouly tempted to get
one, even more so if No. 9 gets chosen <to ego : Down Boy!>...)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Date: 25 Oct 2001 17:26:29
Message: <3bd982ce.14181162@news.povray.org>
<newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote:

>I've added some new designs and clarified some others.

I really like #9, even if the blue is replaced with raised or lowered
metal. I would buy at least one, even though I don't use a keychain
(have a leather cover that really saves on the pockets since my
key-ring has 11 keys these days).

/Erkki

Post a reply to this message