POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need A POV model of a sparkly gem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Need A POV model of a sparkly gem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jim Kress
Subject: Need A POV model of a sparkly gem
Date: 24 Oct 2001 17:41:36
Message: <3bd73590@news.povray.org>
Anybody have a scene file of a diamond or glass where there are a lot of
reflections thrown off the gem?  I need one to finish a project.

Thanks!

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Andrew
Subject: Re: Need A POV model of a sparkly gem
Date: 24 Oct 2001 20:54:15
Message: <3bd762b7$1@news.povray.org>
I would like to add a request to this: specifically, can anyone post a
triangle-mesh version of the brillant (sp?) diamond cut?  I have a
plane-intersection version, but the rendertime for a scene using it with
dispersion would be measured in years.

Jim Kress <dea### [at] kressworkscom> wrote in message
> Anybody have a scene file of a diamond or glass where there are a lot
of
> reflections thrown off the gem?  I need one to finish a project.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Jim

Post a reply to this message

> plane-intersection version, but the rendertime for a scene using it with
> dispersion would be measured in years.

even with a bounding box specified?

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]