POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray keychain Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray keychain (Message 13 to 22 of 52)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: POV-Ray keychain
Date: 24 Oct 2001 14:22:00
Message: <3bd706c8@news.povray.org>
> I like #2 most. But I'd like to see the others with no paint, I might change
> my mind (guess #5 would be good in pure metal). YKYHBRTLW is excellent. I
> don't know about brass though... Imho Pov need's something techno like steel
> or aluminum.

The finish will be similar in appearance to chrome. You never see the brass (it's
inside the plating).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 24 Oct 2001 14:22:02
Message: <3bd706ca@news.povray.org>
"Alan Holding" <man### [at] btopenworldcom> wrote in message
> How about a mouse mat?

Same problem with setup costs.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 24 Oct 2001 14:27:28
Message: <3BD7081E.B870C297@ignorancia.org>

> How about just a chrome sphere? ;)

  Yes, with a checkered board attached below... :)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Date: 24 Oct 2001 15:10:02
Message: <3bd7120a$1@news.povray.org>
Personally, I probably wouldn't buy anything. But since you're so concerned
about the setup costs, you may be interested in http://www.cafepress.com/ -
you can make Tshirts, mugs, and mouse pads with designs on them and sell
them. Doc Ozone (www.ozones.com) tried this out a couple months ago
(www.ozones.com/store) and he was very pleased with the results, he said the
printing was high quality and all.

Just thought I'd let you know about that.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]

"Chris Cason" <newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote in message
> In a response to a discussion on this server a few weeks ago, about the
> desire to be able to purchase POV-Ray 'things' (I think it was a coffee
> mug), I have been investigating my options in this area.
>
> A mug (printed in full color) seems to be fairly expensive, because of
> the setup costs. I don't really want to do one in single color.
>
> So I decided to test the waters with something that is cheaper to make,
> and where the manufacturers don't mind doing a small run of a few hundred
> or so.
>
> I ended up deciding I'd like to have a good-quality metal keychain made.
> This fits the above criteria, plus it's rather practical since most folks
> have keys ;)
>
> We have some concept art up at
>
>   http://www.povray.org/temp/keychains.html
>
> which shows a few designs that I and the pre-beta testers came up with.
> This list isn't definitive, but it's a start.
>
> I'd like to hear from users about the following:
>
>   1) Whether the idea as a whole sucks or not;
>
>   2) If not, then if you would purchase one (cost unknown at this stage,
>      but I wouldn't expect that it would be more than US$20, and probably
>      less).
>
>   3) Which of the abovementioned designs attract you the most/least.
>
> This isn't a competition to chose a design, but I do want to attempt to
> eliminate those designs that people like the least.
>
> Feel free to make your own designs if you can do it in the next few days
> (post them in the binaries.images group). I don't have a lot of time to
> spare because, if I go ahead with this but don't get the design finalised
> by the end of this month, the lead time would cause it to slip too close
> to Christmas for comfort.
>
> -- Chris

Post a reply to this message