POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math / macro programming question Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Math / macro programming question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Philippe Debar
Subject: Math / macro programming question
Date: 18 Oct 2001 05:10:33
Message: <3BCEAA66.8090602@yahoo.fr>
For once, I don't want to re-invent the wheel, so :

I'd like to write a macro to replace a difference of boxes (plain
vanilla box, no transform, not even translate) with a spacially
equivalent union of boxes.

(1) does it already exist ?

if not

(2) there are many possible solutions, how to find an optimal one ? And
what would be optimum speed-wise ? (I guess less boxes, size
irrevelant). I suppose this problem must have been studied already...
Can anybody give me a link ?

TIA

Philippe

Post a reply to this message