POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : amapi question ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  amapi question ?? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: MR
Subject: Re: amapi question ??
Date: 10 Oct 2001 20:34:19
Message: <3bc4e90b$1@news.povray.org>
i got it!  GOT IT, GOT IT, GOT IT!!!!  whoops.  sorry for
getting so excitied there.   ;-)

thanks to everybody.

miker

"MR" <a### [at] bnet> wrote in message news:3bc2efae$1@news.povray.org...
> hello,
>
> could somebody please give me a bit of insight into editting meshes in
> amapi?  i've looked at the vertex selection tool, the filet tool, the
> ungroup feature, the delete face feature, and i can't get the job done.
> i've got one
> large mesh that i need to break up into sections.  i could accomplish this
> by progressively deleting large sections of the mesh in copies of the
> original, but i don't know how to do it.  i'm using the 4.15 freebie
> version.
>
> i've got one medium-sized issiehugger that matt giwer gave me in the
> c.g.r.r. group that i'm willing to trade for this information.
>
> thank you, miker

Post a reply to this message

From: anoop
Date: 11 Oct 2001 10:05:10
Message: <3bc5a716@news.povray.org>
Hi Miker,

I just recalled something:

In Amapi (atleast v5) there used  to be something called a catalogue
(don't remember exactly - but the symbol was at the right hand bottom
corner) - a sort of browser. I think click on it , then select your
object/subobject there (assuming that the original mesh had
sub-objects named - adn it isn't one big mesh)

Another alternative is convert to Moray using 3dwin; then go to it in
Moray's 'browser' and ungroup the part you want (click on the +button
etc, then on 'ungroup' in - I think - the 'modify' window that
follows. Since Moray is definitely the best modeler for Pov-Ray
interaction, it would be much better to handle it there.

Just my 2c.

Regards,
-Anoop