POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh2 Format Description? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh2 Format Description? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Cris Williams
Subject: Mesh2 Format Description?
Date: 4 Oct 2001 20:06:07
Message: <3bbcf96f@news.povray.org>
Where can I find a comprehensive description of the mesh2 format?  I'm
toying with the idea of writing some code to create mesh objects.  Also,
supposing that I had a PC with 256Mb memory, what (roughly) is the upper
limit for the number of triangles that can be handled by Pov?  I know this
may not be simple to answer, but I am trying to get an idea of the
feasibility of creating large, detailed scenes out of mesh2 objects.  I'm
under the impression that meshes render fairly quickly compared to complex
csg objects.  Or am I way off?

Cris Williams

Post a reply to this message