POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendered PNG in Linux Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Rendered PNG in Linux (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] - 264127
Subject: Rendered PNG in Linux
Date: 28 Sep 2001 22:32:50
Message: <3bb532d2@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Not sure where to ask this but here goes...

I've managed to generate a png file using povray in Linux. I can view the
rendered png fine in Netscape on Linux.

However, the same png file copied to Windows 2000 is not viewable by any of
the programs that I have.

Am I setting something wrong? Is there a conversion required? Is png not
png?

Thanks for any help,

Ken

Post a reply to this message

"Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] - 264127" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not sure where to ask this but here goes...
>
> I've managed to generate a png file using povray in Linux. I can view the
> rendered png fine in Netscape on Linux.
>
> However, the same png file copied to Windows 2000 is not viewable by any of
> the programs that I have.
>
> Am I setting something wrong? Is there a conversion required? Is png not
> png?

POV-Ray 3.1g had problems with duplicate IDAT chunks.

I think the new beta fixes it.

pngcrush should be able to fix them.
http://pmt.sourceforge.net/

(I love Google)

--
Jon A. Cruz
http://www.geocities.com/joncruz/action.html

Post a reply to this message

"Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] - 264127" <ken### [at] sympaticoca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Not sure where to ask this but here goes...
>
> I've managed to generate a png file using povray in Linux. I can view the
> rendered png fine in Netscape on Linux.
>
> However, the same png file copied to Windows 2000 is not viewable by any
of
> the programs that I have.
>
> Am I setting something wrong? Is there a conversion required? Is png not
> png?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Ken

How do you transfer the file between the two systems ?
If you use FTP ,make sure you are using binary mode transfer.

Post a reply to this message