POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Standard include files - not a proposal, yet Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Standard include files - not a proposal, yet (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: MR
Subject: Re: Standard include files - not a proposal, yet
Date: 20 Sep 2001 17:16:17
Message: <3baa5ca1$1@news.povray.org>
is that legal?  i mean, can somebody distribute somebody
else's include files?  i'm no lawyer, but i know that just cuz
something is free doesn't imply that anybody can distribute
it...  i believe thats even the case with povray.

but i do agree that it would be GREAT to have a hundred
or two of the best includes in a central repository.

miker

"Jim Kress" <kre### [at] kressworkscom> wrote in message
> You might want to talk to Ken about inclusion of a set of links that are
> specific to include files.  Also, why don't you start compiling and
> organizing a set of include files and keep them on your web site for
> everyone to access?
>
> Jim
>
> "Nikodemus Siivola" <tsi### [at] cchutfi> wrote in message
> >
> > "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >
> > >   POV-Ray 3.5 contains lots of standard include files which are well
> > > documented, which is a great improvement compared to previous
versions.

> > True ;) But could the standard include files should be distributed
> > separately? This way the standard library could (maybe) be evolve more
> > rapidly, instead of being updated per release...
> >
> >  -- Nikodemus

Post a reply to this message