POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3ds to pov to obj Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  3ds to pov to obj (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Simon
Subject: 3ds to pov to obj
Date: 12 Sep 2001 13:19:57
Message: <3b9f993d@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know a good and free
program with that I can convert
3ds to pov
and a program that does
convert obj to pov files?
Both should convert to mesh2 with uv coordinates
and smooth triangles intact.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alan Holding
Subject: Re: 3ds to pov to obj
Date: 12 Sep 2001 17:19:13
Message: <3b9fd151@news.povray.org>
Try 3DWin:
http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/

or Crossroads:
http://home.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/

--
www.mp3.com/FeedingTheCats
www.btinternet.com/~manhog/

Post a reply to this message

From: stefkeB
Date: 13 Sep 2001 11:21:13
Message: <3ba0cee9$1@news.povray.org>
3DWin is shareware, but it does what it should do.
The non-registered version doesn't translate materials and the
texture-mapping.
I did register.

"Alan Holding" <man### [at] btopenworldcom> wrote in message
> Try 3DWin:
> http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/
>
> or Crossroads:
> http://home.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/
>
> --
> www.mp3.com/FeedingTheCats
> www.btinternet.com/~manhog/

Post a reply to this message

I'll try it. But somewhere on the site they say that
the export of the demo version may miss every
5th vertex

stefkeB <ste### [at] hotmailcom> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
3ba0cee9$1@news.povray.org...
> 3DWin is shareware, but it does what it should do.
> The non-registered version doesn't translate materials and the
> texture-mapping.
> I did register.
>
> "Alan Holding" <man### [at] btopenworldcom> wrote in message
> > Try 3DWin:
> > http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/
> >
> > or Crossroads:
> > http://home.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/
> >
> > --
> > www.mp3.com/FeedingTheCats
> > www.btinternet.com/~manhog/

Post a reply to this message

>I'll try it. But somewhere on the site they say that
>the export of the demo version may miss every
>5th vertex

Note the word "may".  In my (admittedly limited (two files)) experience, it
doesn't do this.

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message

What's the .POB format 3DWin uses for POV Ray files?

"Alan Holding" <man### [at] btopenworldcom> wrote in message
> Try 3DWin:
> http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/
>
> or Crossroads:
> http://home.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/