POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.5 status Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.5 status (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: POV-Ray 3.5 status
Date: 6 Aug 2001 10:39:27
Message: <3b6eac1f@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray 3.5 is approaching the stage where we will have a public release available.
It has been under private pre-beta for the past four months with a group of users
selected from these newsgroups.

The only thing stopping us releasing a public beta right now (apart from some small
bugs) is getting the docs, include files, and scene files finished and upgraded to
the 3.5 standard. And in fact most of this is done as well, so it's fair to say that
a release is not far away (no more than eight weeks, and probably much sooner than
that).

Our attitude is that a public beta should be exactly that - a beta-test, which is
to find bugs. It should be feature-complete and in more or less the form that the
final official release will be in, which means that the above docs, scene files etc
must be complete. Please bear with us for a while longer.

-- Chris Cason
   POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 00:39:18 +1000, "Chris Cason"
<newsadmin@-despam-povray.org> wrote:

><snip>
>... so it's fair to say that
>a release is not far away (no more than eight weeks, and probably much sooner than
>that).
>
><snip>
>
>-- Chris Cason
>   POV-Team

Woo Hoo!  Go POV-Team Go!

Post a reply to this message

> POV-Ray 3.5 is approaching the stage where we will have a public release
available.
> It has been under private pre-beta for the past four months with a group
of users
> selected from these newsgroups.
>
> The only thing stopping us releasing a public beta right now (apart from
some small
> bugs) is getting the docs, include files, and scene files finished and
upgraded to
> the 3.5 standard. And in fact most of this is done as well, so it's fair
to say that
> a release is not far away (no more than eight weeks, and probably much
sooner than
> that).
>
> Our attitude is that a public beta should be exactly that - a beta-test,
which is
> to find bugs. It should be feature-complete and in more or less the form
that the
> final official release will be in, which means that the above docs, scene
files etc
> must be complete. Please bear with us for a while longer.
>
> -- Chris Cason
>    POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

    Can we drool while bearing with you? We promise not to get any on the
bearing handles.

Post a reply to this message

Thank you for the announcement. Maybe now the questioners can hold their
breath instead of posting the question. I look forward to the upcoming
release and thank you for your efforts.

Chris Cason wrote:

> POV-Ray 3.5 is approaching the stage where we will have a public release available.
> It has been under private pre-beta for the past four months with a group of users
> selected from these newsgroups.
<snip>
> Our attitude is that a public beta should be exactly that - a beta-test, which is
> to find bugs. It should be feature-complete and in more or less the form that the
> final official release will be in, which means that the above docs, scene files etc
> must be complete. Please bear with us for a while longer.
>
> -- Chris Cason
>    POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

Thank You for fair report. I'm looking forward public release.

with best regards,
Daniel Michalik

> POV-Ray 3.5 is approaching the stage where we will have a public release
available.
> It has been under private pre-beta for the past four months with a group
of users
> selected from these newsgroups.
>
> The only thing stopping us releasing a public beta right now (apart from
some small
> bugs) is getting the docs, include files, and scene files finished and
upgraded to
> the 3.5 standard. And in fact most of this is done as well, so it's fair
to say that
> a release is not far away (no more than eight weeks, and probably much
sooner than
> that).
>
> Our attitude is that a public beta should be exactly that - a beta-test,
which is
> to find bugs. It should be feature-complete and in more or less the form
that the
> final official release will be in, which means that the above docs, scene
files etc
> must be complete. Please bear with us for a while longer.
>
> -- Chris Cason
>    POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

> POV-Ray 3.5 is approaching the stage where we will have a public release available.
> It has been under private pre-beta for the past four months with a group of users
> selected from these newsgroups.
>
> The only thing stopping us releasing a public beta right now (apart from some small
> bugs) is getting the docs, include files, and scene files finished and upgraded to
> the 3.5 standard. And in fact most of this is done as well, so it's fair to say that
> a release is not far away (no more than eight weeks, and probably much sooner than
> that).
>
> Our attitude is that a public beta should be exactly that - a beta-test, which is
> to find bugs. It should be feature-complete and in more or less the form that the
> final official release will be in, which means that the above docs, scene files etc
> must be complete. Please bear with us for a while longer.
>
> -- Chris Cason
>    POV-Team

Thanks for the update.

--
Tom A.
See everything; over look a great deal; correct a little.  -Blessed Pope

Post a reply to this message