POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-X Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Pov-X (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Pov-X
Date: 18 Jul 2001 06:45:52
Message: <3b5568e0@news.povray.org>
A friend of mine installed Linux Mandrake 7.1 on my system, but I don't know
much about Linux. I've just downloaded Pvolinux.gz but I'm not sure how to
install it. Should I wait untill I see him again to install it or is it
relatively easy so that I could do it myself?  Btw how come the file is half the
size of Povwin?

Also, If I write the file with Nero to CD will Linux be able to read it? Would
it work if  I spanned the file on 2 stiffies with WinZip? I only have an
internet connection at work .

--
/* Nekar Xenos */#local N=<-20,40,100>;#local K=<20,-40,100>;#local R=seed(0);
blob{#while((K-N).x>0)#local X=N;#local N=N+<rand(R),rand(R),1>/3;#local N=(

Post a reply to this message

> A friend of mine installed Linux Mandrake 7.1 on my system, but I don't know
> much about Linux. I've just downloaded Pvolinux.gz but I'm not sure how to
> install it. Should I wait untill I see him again to install it or is it
> relatively easy so that I could do it myself?  Btw how come the file is half the
> size of Povwin?

First of all, it's povlinux.tgz.  You can unpack it using 'tar xfz
povlinux.tgz' and you will find an install script inside IIRC.

> Also, If I write the file with Nero to CD will Linux be able to read it? Would
> it work if  I spanned the file on 2 stiffies with WinZip? I only have an
> internet connection at work .

CD-ROM's with ISO-9660 file system will be read by linux without
problems.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>