POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color help... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Color help... (Message 11 to 20 of 22)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Re: Color help...
Date: 16 Jul 2001 11:39:23
Message: <3b530aab$1@news.povray.org>
"Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom> wrote :

> sphere {0,1
> texture {
>  pigment {rgb .25}
>   finish {
>         reflection_type 0 reflection_min <.1,0,0> reflection_max <1,0,0>
>         }
> }
> texture {
>  pigment {rgbt .75}
>   finish {
>         reflection_type 0 reflection_min <0,0,1> reflection_max <0,0,.1>
>         }
> }
> }

    I don't know about car paint, but it's a neat effect!

Post a reply to this message

From: Michael Andrews
Date: 16 Jul 2001 13:06:52
Message: <3B532077.21E40706@reading.ac.uk>
Actually, if you only want a mix of two colours dependant on the angle
then you can do this with a very simple  pigment shader:

surface incoming ( float falloff = 1.0; color col1 = (1,0,0), col2 =
(0,1,0);)
{
  Ci = mix(col1, col2, pow (abs(normalize(N).normalize(I)), falloff));
}

and in POVMan use a declaration such as

#declare incoming = pigment {
  shader{
    shader_file "incoming.slp"
    "falloff" 5
    "col1" <1,0.5,0>
    "col2" <0,1,0.5>
  }
}

This works with direct and reflected rays, you can add whatever finish
you like too.

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.

"Bob H." wrote:

> "Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> > "Michael Andrews" <M.C### [at] readingacuk> wrote in message
> > news:3B5### [at] readingacuk...
> > >
> > > If anyone can see another way of doing it I would also like to know ...
> >
> > What I just thought of was to use the MegaPOV angle dependent reflection
> in
> > a two layered texture, trick being to use opposing min and max color
> > vectors.  Maybe that has already been mentioned, if so I didn't notice.
>
> Okay, maybe that wasn't relating to the previous message reply so much but I
> just gave it a try to see how it would look.  It's close to that kind of car
> paint, since cars do reflect it's about all it might pass for becuase it
> certainly isn't a ny sort of angle dependent pigment.
>
> sphere {0,1
> texture {
>  pigment {rgb .25}
>   finish {
>         reflection_type 0 reflection_min <.1,0,0> reflection_max <1,0,0>
>         }
> }
> texture {
>  pigment {rgbt .75}
>   finish {
>         reflection_type 0 reflection_min <0,0,1> reflection_max <0,0,.1>
>         }
> }
> }
>
> Bob H.