POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height fields determine... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  height fields determine... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: C J  - POV User
Subject: height fields determine...
Date: 21 Jun 2001 09:48:42
Message: <3b31fb3a@news.povray.org>
...where grass was traced. A while back someone found a way to place grass
on a hieght field with a dirt path. Does anyone have the info on this, I
could really use it.

Thanks.

--
C.J. - POV User
POV Ray Study Gallery

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: height fields determine...
Date: 21 Jun 2001 09:51:56
Message: <3B31FBAA.54F13CC4@pacbell.net>
"C.J. - POV User" wrote:

> ...where grass was traced. A while back someone found a way to place grass
> on a hieght field with a dirt path. Does anyone have the info on this, I
> could really use it.

Mark Wagner's Vegetate include file uses MegaPov's trace feature
to apply objects to any surface topography. It also has a feature
that allows you to define keep-out zones such as dirt paths.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Program/9231/povray.html

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

The placement is most important, but this is exactly what I needed. Thanks
Ken! Now to use it.....

--
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> "C.J. - POV User" wrote:
> >
> > ...where grass was traced. A while back someone found a way to place
grass
> > on a hieght field with a dirt path. Does anyone have the info on this, I
> > could really use it.
>
> Mark Wagner's Vegetate include file uses MegaPov's trace feature
> to apply objects to any surface topography. It also has a feature
> that allows you to define keep-out zones such as dirt paths.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Program/9231/povray.html
>
> --
> Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message