POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Florida Convention Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Florida Convention (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bob H
Subject: Re: Florida Convention
Date: 7 Jun 2001 20:54:40
Message: <3b202250@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

>     There seem to be about a dozen people who might be interested in
meeting
> in Orlando. This is not really enough for an all out convention, but might
> be nice for a mini-convention. Maybe a day or a weekend? A hotel near
> Seaworld? The Orlando Science center? Mickeyworld?

I like camping.  I stayed at Wekiwa Springs State Park, on the NW edge of
Orlando, when I went to see the returning Space Shuttle launch Sept.(?) '87.
Was an inexpensive way to go, nice place and time of year.  Well, mornings
were like a sauna and I awoke to drenching morning dew.  To be expected.

>     Unless there are some more folks who want to climb on the raft, we
might
> start thinking about a date to set this thing afloat.

Started to seem as though people were bailing out of that raft  ;-)

>     First weekend in November?

In 2002?  So far in the future to me.  16 months away.  Probably not for
people who would need to gear up to it.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message