POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cylindrical Camera Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Cylindrical Camera (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Steven Jones
Subject: Cylindrical Camera
Date: 14 Apr 2001 17:32:26
Message: <3ad8c1ea@news.povray.org>
In modes 3 or 4, this camera moves along the cylinder's axis, creating bands
of colour that extend all the way along the image.  What possible use is
this?

Post a reply to this message

From: Batronyx
Subject: Re: Cylindrical Camera
Date: 14 Apr 2001 21:40:18
Message: <3ad8fc02$1@news.povray.org>
Steven Jones wrote in message <3ad8c1ea@news.povray.org>...
>In modes 3 or 4, this camera moves along the cylinder's axis, creating
bands
>of colour that extend all the way along the image.  What possible use is
>this?

You can use the images from these as cylindrical maps. The bands of color
are probably because the camera needs to be scaled to fit the scene, since
it behaves more like an orthographic camera in these modes. That is, for a
vertical cylindrical camera, the rays are parallel on the vertical axis. You
likely only have a very narrow, 360 degree slice of your scene. At least
that was my problem the first time I played with these camera types. :)

Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom

Post a reply to this message